Building mass is more than training. Your success stands or falls with the right nutrition at regular times. If you train heavily, your muscles need more good quality nutrition. They need to recover and they do when you feed them well.
So focus as much on the workout as the diet. To help you get started, we’ve put together a list of the best foods to build mass. 70% of your results come from your diet. The list consists of both proteins and carbohydrates.
1. Egg – is one of the best forms of protein. Inexpensive, easy to prepare and packed with protein
2. White Fish – one of the best sources of Omega 3 Fish is also packed with protein.
3. Blueberries- super tasty in your shake they are rich in antioxidants. Eat them in the morning with milk and oatmeal.
4. Steak – is relatively low in fat and full of protein. Steak also contains Vitamin B12, Zinc and Iron which are all important if you want to grow your muscles.
5. Chicken breast – This is a classic, everyone who does fitness and bodybuilding eats chicken breast. It is lean, high in protein and can be combined with everything. You can eat it with rice, pasta, bread or potatoes.
6. Almonds – many people don’t know but almonds are high in protein. The fat in almonds is healthy and unsaturated. Eating almonds is good for protein absorption.
7. Oatmeal- slow carbohydrates will keep you energized all day long. Your blood sugar level remains stable. Eat oatmeal with milk and blueberries for breakfast.
8. Water – drinking water is one of the things that people almost never do enough. If you are thirsty and only start drinking then you are already too late, your body is already drying out. Make sure you drink a lot in the morning because then your metabolism starts well. Drink a few glasses of water with each meal, which is also good for muscle recovery.
9. Green vegetables – high in fiber and antioxidants that help increase your resistance. Add them to every meal. Broccoli, courgettes, green pepper, cucumbers etc.
10. Whey protein- this may not be food, but it fits very well in a diet for mass, especially if you are short of time to eat constant food. A shake is a good way to get enough meals in a day. And since you need 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per kilo of body weight, this is an easy way to get there quickly.