5 Tips to Help You Conquer Hunger and Lose Weight: Hunger can seriously affect your weight-loss success. It’s very hard to stay on a diet when your stomach is growling and all you can think of are the foods you are giving up. Preventing hunger will put you on the track for success.
Here are five tips that will help you get your hunger under control and jump-start your weight loss program.
1. Conquer hunger before it starts. Eating a small amount of food more often will help you conquer hunger before it happens. Instead of three large meals, eat five or six regularly spaced small meals. Eating more often keeps your body from sending the hunger signal.
2. Start the day with breakfast soon after rising. Breakfast wakes up your metabolism and starts the calorie-burning process. Overnight, your body was in maintenance mode. Eating breakfast tells your body it’s time to get to work to rev up the metabolism.
3. Drink more water. Drinking water allows your body to flush out the by-products of the fat-burning process. When your body knows that a reliable supply of water is on the way, it will not need to horde or retain water. This alone can help you lose a few pounds of retained water. Another benefit of drinking water is that it boosts your metabolism, which helps you burn calories and lose weight.
4. Analyze why you’re hungry. Hunger can have many psychological and physiological triggers. Which ones are you experiencing? Are you hungry for a specific food, or are you looking to satisfy some hidden need? Analyzing why you are hungry can help you satisfy the hunger in the most efficient way.
5. Eat your favorite foods. A diet based on foods you don’t enjoy is not likely to succeed. If your favorite foods are high in calories or fat, can you find a more healthy replacement? Or perhaps you could have a small portion. Try to satisfy specific cravings by eating a small amount of the food you are craving. When you try to avoid eating the food you crave, you may just end up eating other foods that you don’t even want and still have the craving. Eat controlled portions and enjoy your favorite foods. Just be sure that your overall diet is healthy and that you are not indulging too often. This way, you will be more likely to stay on your diet for the long term.
Start following these five tips today to conquer your hunger and succeed in your weight loss program.
Also Read: Ketogenic Diet Intermittent Fasting