Smoothies are pure fruit or vegetable drinks. Many people regard them as a healthy snack, a healthy alternative to soft drinks or even as a full breakfast. But that is actually not correct.
Are Smoothies Just As Unhealthy As Soft Drinks?
Usually it is pressed or pureed fruit and / or vegetables to which water or crushed ice has been added. It can also be a mix of dairy products (milk, yogurt …) and pressed or pureed fruits and / or vegetables.
• Pureed fruit and vegetable drinks are no alternative to fresh fruit and vegetables.
Pureed fruit and vegetable drinks contain fewer nutrients (especially fiber) than fresh fruit or vegetables. The more the fruit is mixed, the more fibers and nutrients are lost. Dietary fibers ensure good intestinal function because they retain moisture.
Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily, Whole Food Sourced All In One Greens Supplement…
Unlike soft drinks, smoothies do contain vitamins and minerals, but that hardly makes a difference with a normal diet. Smoothies and the like cannot replace fresh fruit or vegetables, they can at most be a supplement.
– If you make smoothies yourself, do not puree the fruits / vegetables for too long.
– Choose a fiber-rich fruit as the basis such as apples, pears, bananas or berries.
• Smoothies contain the same amount of sugar and calories as soft drinks.
Although the sugar in a smoothie is natural sugar comes from the fruit and the sugar in soft drinks is sugar added, the calorie value of this sugar is the same. The energy value of soft drinks (cola, lemonade) and a smoothie is therefore comparable: 40 to 45 kcal per 100 ml. When extra sugar or yogurt has been added, a smoothie can even contain more sugar than soft drinks.
Does Patriot Power Greens Supplement Work? Read (https://mygreensdaily.com/patriot-power-greens-reviews/) Patriot Power Greens Reviews to learn everything…
In other words: if you drink too much, this will contribute to a high energy intake and therefore weight gain.
• Smoothies are aggressive to the teeth.
Smoothies – certainly the ready-made drinks that you buy in the store – are high in sugar and have a high acidity. As a result, just like regular fruit juice (and most soft drinks), they are bad for the teeth. They affect the tooth enamel.
So it is not a good idea to drink smoothies and the like every day (several times) as a snack or in place of a meal because this means an attack on your teeth every time.
Amazing Grass Green Superfood – https://mygreensdaily.com/amazing-grass-green-superfood-review/
– If you make smoothies yourself, then certainly do not add sugar.
– Drink a smoothie and the like no more than 1 or 2 times a day and preferably immediately after or before a meal. In this way you limit acid emissions. Do not use them to drink during the day instead of eg tea, coffee or water.
– Neutralize the acid by rinsing with water or milk or by chewing on a sugar-free chewing gum.
• Brush your teeth before breakfast if you plan to use a smoothie or breakfast drink. If you polish them afterwards, the tooth enamel may be damaged. Wait at least an hour after this type of drink before brushing your teeth.